OVERCUP BLOG — cider
Posted by Sean Paul Lavine on
- Tags: Adventure, alcohol, alcohol laws, author, authors, autumn, bar, bartender, beer, book, Books, booze, booze laws, bourbon, breweries, brewers, brewery, brews, cider, cocktail, craft, craft beer, distillery, distilling, Drinking in America, drinking laws, fall, featured-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, food, Food and Drink, Gin, Gin Cocktails, halloween cocktails, happy hour, hard cider, holiday, holidays, indie press, liqueur, local, mead, mezcal, moonshine, non-fiction, October, oregon, oregon distillers, oregon spirits, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, pdx, Portland, publisher, publishing, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, rum, small press, spirits, state liquor laws, vodka, whiskey, whiskey sour, wine
Posted by Kammie Sumpter on
Close your eyes and imagine you’re at your favorite brewery—smell the hops, hear the bustle—with a completely unfamiliar tasting flight in front of you. A small round of new, uncharted beer territory awaits. There they are, a dazzling array of brews varying in color and consistency. You know the feeling, right? For some, this can be a bit daunting—and with good reason. A flight with a handful of different beer can be cause for celebration or hair-pulling. Portland is the Mecca of craft beer, so what do you do when you’re trying new ones? Here are some of our best...
- Tags: alcohol, beer, beer festivals, booze, brewers, brewery, brewfest, brews, brewsters, cider, craft beer, drinking, Drinking in America, featured-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, Food and Drink
Posted by Julie Swearingen on
Whether you are a beer aficionado, a newbie to the craft brew phenomena, or somewhere in between, summer brewfests are upon us across the country. In our own backyard, Oregon boasts a plethora of brewfest options. Ready to attend your first or tenth brewfest? Not so fast. Here are some suggestions, tips, and reminders on how to survive a brewfest. First, check out the venue or the festival’s website. Not only will they have the breweries, libations, and food options listed so you can plan your route--or fly by the seat of your pants--they will also answer some FAQs that...
- Tags: beer, beer festivals, booze laws, brewery, brewfest, cider, craft beer, Drinking in America, drinking laws, niki ganong, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, summer
Posted by Keely Burkey on
Well, summer is definitely upon us. It’s easy to tell even without looking at a weather report. How? By seeing how many beer festivals are springing up across the country! In case you have a trip planned this July, or maybe you just get a wild hair for an impromptu road trip, be sure to check out these beer festivals. And definitely take along Niki Ganong’s award-winning The Field Guide to Drinking in America to check the drinking laws in the states you visit. Know before you go! (Featured image source) July 8-10th: Seattle International Beer Festival (Seattle, WA) Image source...
- Tags: beer, beer festivals, brewers, cider, craft beer, Drinking in America, events, hard cider, niki ganong, ohio brew week festival, oregon, oregon brewers festival, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, seattle international beer festival, stowe brewers festival
Posted by Keely Burkey on
A lot has happened in the American beer, wine, and spirits world since we last took a look at the country’s changing liquor laws. As a dutiful press we feel it’s our duty to keep our readers up to date. Be sure to pick up a copy of Niki Ganong’s The Field Guide to Drinking in America, where hundreds of liquor laws (both historic and modern) have been lovingly compiled for every adventurer’s benefit. Without further ado, let’s get started! Colorado In a surprising and controversial move, Gov. John Hickenlooper recently signed a bill that will gradually allow the...
- Tags: alabama, beer, booze laws, brewers, cider, cocktails, colorado, craft beer, drinking, Drinking in America, drinking laws, featured-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, growlers, new york, niki ganong, pennsylvania