OVERCUP BLOG — drinking holidays
Easy Halloween Costumes for the Unique Bookworm
Posted by Caitlin Monday Chloe McAlpin on
- Tags: 99 Ways to Make a Pipe, alcohol, alcohol laws, All Ages, author, authors, book, Books, booze, booze laws, buckminster fuller, Buckminster Fuller: Poet of Geometry, celebrate, children's books, DIY, drinking, drinking holidays, Drinking in America, drinking laws, ice cream, ice cream work, indie press, local, maryanna hoggatt, naoshi, oregon, pdx, publisher, publishing, raccoon, related-buckminster-fuller-poet-of-geometry, shop local, small press, the field guide to drinking in america
Celebrate Adult Halloween with Cocktails and Mocktails!
Posted by Julie Swearingen on
- Tags: drinking holidays, halloween cocktails, high proof pdx, holiday, karen Locke, related-high-proof-pdx
4 Must-Make Cocktails on this Loveless Valentine's Day
Posted by Garrett Eklof on
’Tis the season to be together — happy, hopeful, and in love — and not alone in a very dark room, with your jade plant, wondering what could’ve been as you stalk your perfectly engaged ex on Instagram. Getting out there is hard — especially when “out there” is out of the house — so here are 4 cocktails to help take that edge off. Come on, let’s celebrate! It’s VALENTINE’S DAY. 1) Earl Grey Tea Cocktail There are zero social stipulations holding you back today (though there may be legal: if you have to go into work, or in...
- Tags: Drinking Holidays, Drinking in America, featured-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, Niki Ganong
How to Cure Hangovers with the Hair of the Dog
Posted by Julie Swearingen on
As a general rule of adulthood, hangovers happen. And there are many ways to cure them--from smoothies and raw juices, to greasy diner food. But according to the old adage, another--possibly more fun--way is with “the hair of the dog that bit you.” Many people will recommend a Bloody Mary--and they aren’t wrong--but if tomato juice or tabasco aren’t your cup of tea, here’s some other cocktails to try. According to First We Feast, these 10 cocktails will “kill” a hangover. Some even come as a two-for and include an egg white--an essential protein for combating your hangover. And while...
- Tags: beer, booze laws, cocktail recipe, cocktail recipes, cocktails, craft beer, drinking, drinking holidays, Drinking in America, drinking laws, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, Summer
4 Stunning Techniques for the Ultimate Independence Day
Posted by Olenka Burgess on
The Fourth of July is a pretty easy holiday. It’s summer, people are laid back, fireworks provide automatic entertainment—you don’t really have to do much of anything. However, if you’re feeling ambitious this year, why not take your hosting to the next level? There are several ways to up your game, especially when it comes to serving cocktails. We’ve gathered four must-try techniques that are perfect for your patriotic beverages. Layered Drinks This is a great place to start for your Independence Day celebration. The key is to mix colors separately, double the amount of the white layer in the...
- Tags: cocktails, drinking, drinking holidays, Recipes, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america