OVERCUP BLOG — ice cream
Posted by Caitlin Monday Chloe McAlpin on
- Tags: 99 Ways to Make a Pipe, alcohol, alcohol laws, All Ages, author, authors, book, Books, booze, booze laws, buckminster fuller, Buckminster Fuller: Poet of Geometry, celebrate, children's books, DIY, drinking, drinking holidays, Drinking in America, drinking laws, ice cream, ice cream work, indie press, local, maryanna hoggatt, naoshi, oregon, pdx, publisher, publishing, raccoon, related-buckminster-fuller-poet-of-geometry, shop local, small press, the field guide to drinking in america
Posted by Stefanie Marks on
It may only be March, but global warming is real and summer is approaching quickly. While some people are huddled by the fire and dreaming of sandals and sun, others are blasting the AC while they pack away their seldom-used winter wardrobes. Either way, summer will be here before we know it, and you are going to need some delicious new ice cream recipes to cool you down! ~ Let's start with something on the fancy side. This recipe is for the more refined palate; say, for a garden party where you feel the need to lift your pinkie into...
- Tags: booze, bourbon, children's books, drinking, Drinking in America, ice cream, ice cream work, recipes, related-ice-cream-work, summertime
Posted by Emily Hagenburger on
Imagine a place with all-you-can-eat ice cream, a pool full of sprinkles, edible balloons, and a chocolate fountain...sounds like something out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, doesn’t it? But for a while, this was no work of fiction, but a real place. Where, you ask, could you find all of these magical things? The Museum of Ice Cream. It popped up for a month in NYC this August, and tickets were—understandably—quickly sold out. Sure, we all would have liked a chance to visit the Museum of Ice Cream, but nobody would have enjoyed it more than Ice Cream Man...
- Tags: ice cream, ice cream work, Museum of Ice Cream, naoshi, New York City, picture book, related-ice-cream-work
Posted by Julie Swearingen on
As if we needed another reason to eat delicious ice cream, it’s National Ice Cream Day! Whether you love classic vanilla and chocolate, or are into the more experimental flavor combos like Gin Spiced Blackberry Jam with Chocolate Chips today is the day to enjoy them all. Check out this fun video for Ice Cream Work.
- Tags: ice cream, ice cream work, naoshi, national ice cream day, portland, related-ice-cream-work, saltandstraw, stumptwoncoffeebourbonicecream
Posted by Olenka Burgess on
What could be better than ice cream or booze on their own? Ice cream and booze together, of course! Now that summer is upon us, we’ve rounded up several pathways toward boozy ice cream bliss, in order of difficulty. The Basics Serious Eats has compiled a fantastic introduction to the dos and don’ts of boozy ice cream. The beauty of adding alcohol to ice cream is that since alcohol has a low freezing point, it keeps your ice cream creamy and scoopable. Although summer heat usually does an excellent job of softening ice cream, if you’re anything like us, you...
- Tags: cocktail recipe, cocktail recipes, cocktails, ice cream, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america