Submitting a manuscript query can be nerve wracking, but we hope we can make the process easier for you!
(If you’re submitting from #PitMad, please be sure to add that in your query letter.)
Overcup Press is an independent book publishing company in Portland, OR. We are committed to publishing books that will thrive in the 21st Century. We’re especially interested in the following:
- Regional U.S. Northwest Topics
- Travel (add here)
- Architecture and Design
- Food and Drink
- Contemporary Arts and Culture
- Music / Music History / Long-form Music Journalism
- STEM titles (middle grade and YA audience-focused)
Our titles have strong design elements and we are invested in collaboration and helping authors develop their ideas.
How it works:
- Submit a query letter that briefly describes the work and the author’s background, list any publication credits if applicable, and explain why the work is a fit for Overcup Press. (Please make sure to verify your work is part of our accepted manuscripts, listed above.)
- If we feel like your title aligns with our mission, we will request a proposal package.
Our acquisitions team responds to query letters within 30 days.
For a more detailed look at our submission process, or if you’re ready to send us a query, head to our Submittable page.
We look forward to reading your queries!
Share this post
- Tags: Adventure, alcohol, alcohol laws, All Ages, art, artists, author, authors, autumn, biographies, book, Books, bookstore, bookstores, booze, booze laws, breweries, brewers, brewery, celebrate, Design, DIY, drinking, drinking laws, food, Food and Drink, Fun, invention, local, make your own, movies, murals, music, music festivals, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, pdx, photography, publisher, publishing, read, reading, short films, small press, street art