NEW BLOG — Art Events
Posted by Overcup Marketing on
by Ryan Scribner The Mile High 4.20K Denver, Colorado 80212 Sloan's Lake Park at 1700 N Sheridan Blvd. Saturday, April 20, 2019 This event raises awareness about how cannabis can be part of a healthy lifestyle. Cannabis can be useful for physical, mental, and psychological needs. The start time of the event is 8:00 am MDT and ends at 11:00 am MDT. The price of the event is $25.00 plus a $2.50 signup fee. Price of the event increases to $35.00 at 12:00pm MDT February 25. What type of pipe?: You want to have an edge on the other runners...
- Tags: 420, 99 Ways to Make a Pipe, art, art event, Art Events, authors, book, Books, brettstern, cannabis, celebrate, event, events, Explore, Fun, high, indie press, make your own, oregon, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, overcuppressblog, pdx, pipe, Portland, publisher, publishing
Posted by Overcup Marketing on
- Tags: Adventure, All Ages, art, art event, Art Events, artists, author, authors, autumn, book, book event, book events, book gifts, book stores, Books, bookstore, bookstores, celebrate, christmas, event, events, Explore, fall, family friendly, free, Fun, gift giving, gifted!, gifts, give thanks, high-proof pdx, holiday, holiday markets, holidays, ice cream work, indie authors, indie bookstore, indie bookstores, indie press, Literary, non-fiction, oregon, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, pdx, Portland, publisher, publishing, read, reading, related-tilikum-crossing, small business saturday, small press, tall trees of, tall trees of portland, tall trees of tokyo, Thanksgiving, the tall trees of paris, The Tall Trees of Portland, the tall trees of tokyo, Tilikum Crossing, tolly
Posted by Julie Swearingen on
Forest for the Trees Northwest is back! For the fifth year, artists have gathered in Portland to create beautiful murals around the city. Curated by Matt Wagner, owner of Hellion Gallery and author of The Tall Trees series, Forest for the Trees has featured a vast array of artists, including Josh Keyes, Mhak, Blaine Fontana, Meredith Dittmar, Maryanna Hoggatt (author of Tolly), Joe Shea, and Ryan Bubnis. In case you missed the festivities, here are some of the places to check out this year’s creations. Shawna X & Laura Berger - 1401 SE Morrison Broken Fingaz - 1825 SE...
- Tags: art, Art Events, events, Hellion Gallery, matt wagner, Portland, related-the-tall-trees-of-paris, related-the-tall-trees-of-portland, related-the-tall-trees-of-tokyo, The Tall Trees of Portland
Posted by Stefanie Marks on
Tall Trees of Paris features many amazing artists. We’ve compiled a list of updates, showcasing some of their recent and upcoming events! Rebecka Tollens Credit: Rebecka Tollens - Facebook Rebecka Tollens, Marie Pierre Brunel, and Wataru Kasahara presented their exhibition Daydream Darkness Disgrace at the Galerie Arts Factory on January 30th, 2017, with a special private meet and greet on February 11th. Credit: Galerie Arts - Facebook © Vanina Esdras The exhibition not only appeals to the sight, but to the touch and hearing as well. As translated from the Galerie Arts Factory Facebook page, “Presented during the...
- Tags: art, art event, Art Events, art show, artists, Painting, paris, related-the-tall-trees-of-paris, the tall trees of paris
Posted by Keely Burkey on
Portland was in for a treat at First Thursday! On June 2nd Zach Johnsen, one of the featured artists in The Tall Trees of Portland, debuted his “Folklore” exhibition at Hellion Gallery. The art show lived up to its name—Johnsen’s paintings explored a variety of themes borrowed from Slavic fables and campfire tales, including ghosts, the plague, witchcraft, and spirits. For example, take a look at “The Masque of the Blue Death,” which captures the chaotic emotional intensity of plague and flu epidemics. “The Masque of the Blue Death.” 16x30". Acrylic, oil, and smokebomb on canvas. (Image source) Here’s another...
- Tags: art, art event, Art Events, events, first thursday, folklore, Hellion Gallery, prints, related-the-tall-trees-of-portland, zach johnsen