NEW BLOG — beer festivals
Posted by Alyssa Schaffer on
- Tags: Adventure, All Ages, beer festivals, booze, breweries, brewers, brewfest, craft beer, craft distilleries, craft spirits, drinking, event, events, Fun, high-proof pdx, oregon, oregon distillers, oregon spirits, Portland, Portland Bridges, related-high-proof-pdx
Posted by Kammie Sumpter on
Close your eyes and imagine you’re at your favorite brewery—smell the hops, hear the bustle—with a completely unfamiliar tasting flight in front of you. A small round of new, uncharted beer territory awaits. There they are, a dazzling array of brews varying in color and consistency. You know the feeling, right? For some, this can be a bit daunting—and with good reason. A flight with a handful of different beer can be cause for celebration or hair-pulling. Portland is the Mecca of craft beer, so what do you do when you’re trying new ones? Here are some of our best...
- Tags: alcohol, beer, beer festivals, booze, brewers, brewery, brewfest, brews, brewsters, cider, craft beer, drinking, Drinking in America, featured-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, Food and Drink
Posted by Julie Swearingen on
Whether you are a beer aficionado, a newbie to the craft brew phenomena, or somewhere in between, summer brewfests are upon us across the country. In our own backyard, Oregon boasts a plethora of brewfest options. Ready to attend your first or tenth brewfest? Not so fast. Here are some suggestions, tips, and reminders on how to survive a brewfest. First, check out the venue or the festival’s website. Not only will they have the breweries, libations, and food options listed so you can plan your route--or fly by the seat of your pants--they will also answer some FAQs that...
- Tags: beer, beer festivals, booze laws, brewery, brewfest, cider, craft beer, Drinking in America, drinking laws, niki ganong, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, summer
Posted by Emily Hagenburger on
July means beer month here in Oregon, and the Oregon Brewers Festival is the highlight and culmination of it all. Craft beer has become not only a highly sought libation, with craft brewers selling an estimated 24,076,864 barrels of beer in 2015, but also a huge industry all over America, creating over 424,000 jobs and contributing $55.7 billion to the US economy in 2014. Nowhere in the state is this more evident...
- Tags: beer, beer festivals, brewers, craft beer, drinking, Drinking in America, oregon, oregon brewers festival, Portland, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america
Posted by Keely Burkey on
Well, summer is definitely upon us. It’s easy to tell even without looking at a weather report. How? By seeing how many beer festivals are springing up across the country! In case you have a trip planned this July, or maybe you just get a wild hair for an impromptu road trip, be sure to check out these beer festivals. And definitely take along Niki Ganong’s award-winning The Field Guide to Drinking in America to check the drinking laws in the states you visit. Know before you go! (Featured image source) July 8-10th: Seattle International Beer Festival (Seattle, WA) Image source...
- Tags: beer, beer festivals, brewers, cider, craft beer, Drinking in America, events, hard cider, niki ganong, ohio brew week festival, oregon, oregon brewers festival, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, seattle international beer festival, stowe brewers festival