NEW BLOG — tall trees of
Posted by Overcup Marketing on
- Tags: Adventure, All Ages, art, art event, Art Events, artists, author, authors, autumn, book, book event, book events, book gifts, book stores, Books, bookstore, bookstores, celebrate, christmas, event, events, Explore, fall, family friendly, free, Fun, gift giving, gifted!, gifts, give thanks, high-proof pdx, holiday, holiday markets, holidays, ice cream work, indie authors, indie bookstore, indie bookstores, indie press, Literary, non-fiction, oregon, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, pdx, Portland, publisher, publishing, read, reading, related-tilikum-crossing, small business saturday, small press, tall trees of, tall trees of portland, tall trees of tokyo, Thanksgiving, the tall trees of paris, The Tall Trees of Portland, the tall trees of tokyo, Tilikum Crossing, tolly
Posted by Emily Hagenburger on
Thursday, July 14th, is Bastille Day, the French national holiday celebrating the Storming of the Bastille—a pivotal event in the French Revolution of 1789. This year, with the recent publication of Matt Wagner’s The Tall Trees of Paris, we are celebrating Bastille Day in style—with a wine pairing! Join author Matt Wagner and Overcup Press at Pairings Wine Shop and Bar in NE Portland this Bastille Day at 5pm for a fun flight of French fancy. Fifteen dollars will get you a flight of five wines from contemporary French winemakers that have been painstakingly paired with five amazing French artists...
- Tags: artists, Bastille Day, celebrate, France, matt wagner, PairingsPdx, Portland, related-the-tall-trees-of-paris, tall trees of, the tall trees of paris, travel, wine
Posted by Sara Proctor on
Hello friends, it’s summer in the northern hemisphere and the unusual weather has left us in a state of perplexity; last week the highs were approaching 100 degrees, and now it has dipped into the mid 50s with dreary rain and blustery days. Regardless of the barometric pressure in the atmosphere, we’re always in the mood to take a break, find the nearest shady locale or coffee shop, and unwind with a good book. Writing blog posts is a wonderful opportunity for the Overcup staff to revisit the beautiful artwork featured in the Tall Trees series. We’re able to explore...
- Tags: art, Gallery, Hellion Gallery, picture book, Portland, related-the-tall-trees-of-portland, tall trees of, The Tall Trees of Portland, winner
Posted by Rebecca Iglesias on
Cafés have always been bastions of egalitarianism in Parisian culture—spaces accessible to all for a small fee. But because many of those most frequented by Parisian’s literary and visual artists of the past, such as La Closerie des Lilas and La Palette, are now far more expensive, we looked to the artist's handwritten surveys in The Tall Trees of Paris: 42 Independent Artists Share Their City and Their Work by Matt Wagner to point us in the direction of modern cafés that are affordable on an artist’s budget. So, if you’re planning a trip to Paris this summer, whether you require a...
- Tags: alexone, art, aurore petit, cafe, cafe de l'industrie, l'aribus cafe, la closerie des lilas, la palette, monsieur qui, paris, related-the-tall-trees-of-paris, tall trees of, telescope, the tall trees of paris, travel
Posted by Olenka Burgess on
Sunlight streamed through the open garage door of Portland, Oregon's Gigantic Brewing Company’s Tap Room and Champagne Lounge last Saturday, illuminating gorgeous stacks of books, delicious hors d’oeuvres, and a multitude of prints from several artists featured in Matt Wagner’s newest book, The Tall Trees of Paris. Gigantic Brewing is a true gem, off the beaten path but well worth the trip, and familiar faces as well as new friends came to celebrate contemporary French art with us. Some of our readers who already own Wagner's The Tall Trees of Portland and The Tall Trees of Tokyo came to complete their set, while others...
- Tags: book events, book launch, Books, events, Hellion Gallery, launch party, matt wagner, related-the-tall-trees-of-paris, tall trees of, the tall trees of paris