Updated: February 14, 2021 - Over the past few months, we've provided numerous ways to support independent bookstores and we've created another map to help you navigate the world of buying books from independent bookstores.
In addition to all the regional bookstore maps below, we've created a BIPOC-owned bookstores map. Visit the map here.
If there are stores you would like to suggest we add to any of our maps, please contact us here.
While this past year has been tough around the globe for booksellers, there are so many books worth reading right now, and we want to help you find bookstores (and great books) to support. Our thanks to bookstores all over the globe who are keeping our communities well-read while keeping people safe and healthy.
When we read about Don Gorman of Rocky Mountain Books making a map of Canadian bookstores that are open for delivery, curbside pickup, and shipping, we loved the idea. To celebrate Independent Bookstore day we've borrowed a page from his playbook and created U.S. regional maps of bookstores that are open right now.
We hope you'll share these maps and your favorite local bookstore on social media and use these hastags:
#VirtualBookstoreParty and #ShopBookstoresNow
Did we miss a store? Use this form to tell us about other stores we should add.
- Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island
- Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, New York
- Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Florida, Kentucky
- Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan
- Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota
- Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma
- California, Nevada, Hawaii
- Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Alaska