Overcup Press is an independent book publishing company based in Portland, OR that’s particularly interested in literary non-fiction. Overcup has published a variety of works, all with strong visual design elements, and we are committed to helping authors develop ideas and offer collaborative support. Our latest title, published Spring 2019, is an essay collection by Liz Prato Volcanoes, Palm Trees, and Privilege.
We ARE interested in:
- Creative non-fiction narratives and journalism
- Regional U.S. Northwest Topics
- Travel (essay, other related)
- Architecture and Design
- Contemporary Arts and Culture
- Music / Music History / Long-form Music Journalism
We are NOT currently looking for:
- Children's picture books
- STEM titles (middle grade and YA audience-focused)
- Religious books
- Self-help books
How to submit:
- Submit a query letter that briefly describes the work and the author’s background, list any publication credits if applicable, and explain why that work is a fit for Overcup Press.
- If we feel like your title aligns with our mission, we will request a proposal package.
Important to note:
Our team responds to query letters within 30 days.
If you’re submitting from #PitMad, please note that in your query letter.
For more information, refer to our submittable page.
We look forward to reading your work!
Share this post
- Tags: 99 Ways, 99 Ways to Make a Pipe, All Ages, art event, Art Events, author, authors, book, book event, book events, Books, buckminster fuller, Buckminster Fuller: Poet of Geometry, bucky fuller, high proof pdx, indie authors, indie bookstore, indie bookstores, indie press, information, Literary, non-fiction, oregon, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, overcuppressblog, read, reading, small press, Tilikum, Tilikum Crossing