OVERCUP BLOG — craft beer
Posted by Sean Paul Lavine on
- Tags: Adventure, alcohol, alcohol laws, author, authors, autumn, bar, bartender, beer, book, Books, booze, booze laws, bourbon, breweries, brewers, brewery, brews, cider, cocktail, craft, craft beer, distillery, distilling, Drinking in America, drinking laws, fall, featured-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, food, Food and Drink, Gin, Gin Cocktails, halloween cocktails, happy hour, hard cider, holiday, holidays, indie press, liqueur, local, mead, mezcal, moonshine, non-fiction, October, oregon, oregon distillers, oregon spirits, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, pdx, Portland, publisher, publishing, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, rum, small press, spirits, state liquor laws, vodka, whiskey, whiskey sour, wine
Posted by Alyssa Schaffer on
- Tags: Adventure, All Ages, beer festivals, booze, breweries, brewers, brewfest, craft beer, craft distilleries, craft spirits, drinking, event, events, Fun, high-proof pdx, oregon, oregon distillers, oregon spirits, Portland, Portland Bridges, related-high-proof-pdx
Posted by Julie Swearingen on
October 14 is the day we recognize the homebrewer and celebrate the ingenuity of those experimenting with new flavors in brewing. Ready to try your hand at homebrewing? Here’s some websites to check out.
- Tags: beer, craft beer, homebrewing, niki ganong, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, the field guide to drinking in america
Posted by Kammie Sumpter on
Close your eyes and imagine you’re at your favorite brewery—smell the hops, hear the bustle—with a completely unfamiliar tasting flight in front of you. A small round of new, uncharted beer territory awaits. There they are, a dazzling array of brews varying in color and consistency. You know the feeling, right? For some, this can be a bit daunting—and with good reason. A flight with a handful of different beer can be cause for celebration or hair-pulling. Portland is the Mecca of craft beer, so what do you do when you’re trying new ones? Here are some of our best...
- Tags: alcohol, beer, beer festivals, booze, brewers, brewery, brewfest, brews, brewsters, cider, craft beer, drinking, Drinking in America, featured-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, Food and Drink
Posted by Emily Hagenburger on
The advent of fall means pumpkin spice everything—and beers are no exception. However, there are many new and upcoming seasonal brews that are perfect for autumn without being solely pumpkin-flavored. Take a look at a few examples below: To start, an annual favorite is the Sam Adams Fall Variety Pack, so let’s see what they’re offering this year! While the Boston Lager and Oktoberfest are standbys, there are four new fall flavors: the Hoppy Red, an ale with spicy, piney notes from Australian hops; the Bonfire Blonde, with its smoky, bacon-like aroma; the Maple Ale, with hints of caramel and...
- Tags: autumn, beer, brewery, brews, craft beer, drinking, fall, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, september, the field guide to drinking in america