OVERCUP BLOG — indie bookstores
Posted by McKenna Freiss on
Summer is just around the corner, and we've got the perfect list to help you craft your summer TBR list. Over the past year, Overcup has been posting bi-weekly Books to Binge on our Instagram, where our staff picks some of their favorite books to binge; with an emphasis on diversity and indie presses! Check out the compilation below.
- Tags: book publisher, book publishing, book recommendations, Books, bookshop, bookstore, Forest Avenue Press, independent bookstores, Independent publishers, indie bookstores, indie press, indie publishers, Oni Press, Ooligan Press, Overcup Press, overcuppressblog, publisher, publishing, publishing intern, small press, Small Press authors, tbr
Posted by Brittney Finato on
As the country continues to deal with the effects of the Covid-19 pandemic, readers’ shelves are becoming bare as we devour our ‘to be read’ piles. Here at Overcup Press we’re keeping independent bookstores and small publishers at the forefront of our minds so we’ve put together a short list of things to keep in mind while you shop for new books! If shopping in person: Be courteous and kind. It’s simple and it’s big. We’re feeling global stress like we never have before and, while we hope you always do these things, it’s especially important right now. Wear a...
- Tags: bookshop, covid-19, guide, how to, independent bookstores, indie bookstores, pandemic, shop local, shop small
Posted by Overcup Marketing on
- Tags: art, author, authors, autumn, book, book gifts, Books, bookstore, bookstores, celebrate, drinking, event, events, fall, food, Food and Drink, give thanks, Hawaii, Hawaiian Thanksgiving, Hawaiian tradition, history, holiday, holiday markets, holidays, indie authors, indie bookstore, indie bookstores, indie press, information, liz prato, local, Makahiki, non-fiction, november, oregon, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, past, pdx, Portland, publisher, publishing, read, reading, related-volcanoes-palm-trees-privilege, Thanksgiving, upcoming
Posted by Overcup Marketing on
- Tags: Adventure, All Ages, art, art event, Art Events, artists, author, authors, autumn, book, book event, book events, book gifts, book stores, Books, bookstore, bookstores, celebrate, christmas, event, events, Explore, fall, family friendly, free, Fun, gift giving, gifted!, gifts, give thanks, high-proof pdx, holiday, holiday markets, holidays, ice cream work, indie authors, indie bookstore, indie bookstores, indie press, Literary, non-fiction, oregon, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, pdx, Portland, publisher, publishing, read, reading, related-tilikum-crossing, small business saturday, small press, tall trees of, tall trees of portland, tall trees of tokyo, Thanksgiving, the tall trees of paris, The Tall Trees of Portland, the tall trees of tokyo, Tilikum Crossing, tolly
Posted by Emily Hagenburger on
Here in Portland, a new bike-share program hosted by Nike called Biketown has been recently rolled out. These rentable bikes are stationed all over town and are a great way to get from point A to point B, whether it’s for a scenic bike ride down the waterfront, to meet a friend at a coffee shop downtown, or, our favorite, to get to a bookstore. With Biketown, we can use all of these conveniently-placed bright orange bikes to get to Mother Foucaults in the SE, Cameron’s Books & Magazines, the oldest bookstore in Portland, Daedalus Books in the Alphabet District, or the perennial...
- Tags: bike share, Biketown, bookstores, Chicago, DC, Denver, indie bookstores, Nashville, Portland, related-the-tall-trees-of-portland, Tampa Bay, travel