Over the last few months, we here at Overcup Press have encouraged ways that you can support local business. From our Support Indie Bookstores list to our How to Shop Mindfully in a Pandemic blog, we’ve tried to provide opportunities to support your favorite booksellers and stores. We’re excited to bring you another opportunity to support local publishers!
Eight small to medium-sized independent Portland publishers have teamed up to bring you a bundle of books to help fill your sparse shelves!
- Ground Truth: A Geological Survey of a Life by Ruby McConnell is a lyrical memoir of nature and the aftermath of disaster, published by colorful, art-forward nonfiction-oriented Overcup Press
- Katrina’s Sandcastles: New Hope from the Ruins of New Orleans Schools by Kaycee Eckhardt is a teaching memoir offered by scrappy, self-empowerment focused midlist press Microcosm Publishing
- This Particular Happiness: A Childless Love Story by Jackie Shannon Hollis, an affirming memoir of the choice not to have kids, is the first nonfiction offering from the joyously literary Forest Avenue Press
- Liar: A Memoir by Rob Roberge is a wild ride through a rocker's disintegrating memory, from groundbreaking, risktaking, 30-years-strong small press Future Tense Books
- The Ungrateful Refugee: What Immigrants Never Tell You by Dina Nayeri explores what it's like to be a refugee vs popular misconceptions, brought to us by Catapult, publisher of award-winning books that celebrate life and facilitate empathy
- Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe is a nonbinary and asexual coming out memoir in graphic novel form, offered by the comics visionaries at Oni Press
- The Widmer Way: How Two Brothers Led Portland’s Craft Beer Revolution by Jeff Alworth is the story of a local business institution from Portland State University's Ooligan Press
- Stranger in the Pen by Mohamed Asem explores the toll of racial profiling and connections with home and family, from the small and mighty megaphone for personal stories, Perfect Day Publishing
For $100 you’ll get all eight nonfiction titles, a great way to support indie publishers! Can’t do $100 right now? No problem! For $60, you can get a bundle of four of the nonfiction titles hand-picked by Microcosm Publishing. Another important way you can help is by spreading the word! Word of mouth is vital in the world of independent publishing, so share this message with your own reading communities.
Check out The Oregonian article written about this project.
Go here to get your very own bundle.
Share this post
- Tags: Catapult, Dina Nayeri, Forest Avenue Press, Future Tense Books, Gender Queer, Ground Truth, Ground Truth: A Geological Survey of a Life, Independent authors, Independent publishers, indie authors, indie publishers, Jackie Shannon Hollis, Jeff Alworth, Katrina's Sandcastles: New Hope from the Ruins of New Orleans Schools, Kaycee Eckhardt, Liar: A Memoir, Maia Kobabe, Microcosm, Mohamed Asem, Oni Press, Ooligan Press, Overcup Press, Perfect Day Publishing, publishing, Rob Roberge, Ruby McConnell, Stranger in the Pen, The Ungrateful Refugee: What Immigrants Never Tell You, The Widmer Way, This Particular Happiness: A Childless Love Story