OVERCUP BLOG — brewers
How-to: Submitting Your Manuscript
Posted by Overcup Marketing on
- Tags: Adventure, alcohol, alcohol laws, All Ages, art, artists, author, authors, autumn, biographies, book, Books, bookstore, bookstores, booze, booze laws, breweries, brewers, brewery, celebrate, Design, DIY, drinking, drinking laws, food, Food and Drink, Fun, invention, local, make your own, movies, murals, music, music festivals, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, pdx, photography, publisher, publishing, read, reading, short films, small press, street art
The Most Haunted Pubs For Halloween
Posted by Sean Paul Lavine on
- Tags: Adventure, alcohol, alcohol laws, author, authors, autumn, bar, bartender, beer, book, Books, booze, booze laws, bourbon, breweries, brewers, brewery, brews, cider, cocktail, craft, craft beer, distillery, distilling, Drinking in America, drinking laws, fall, featured-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, food, Food and Drink, Gin, Gin Cocktails, halloween cocktails, happy hour, hard cider, holiday, holidays, indie press, liqueur, local, mead, mezcal, moonshine, non-fiction, October, oregon, oregon distillers, oregon spirits, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, pdx, Portland, publisher, publishing, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, rum, small press, spirits, state liquor laws, vodka, whiskey, whiskey sour, wine
Lace Up Your Shoes for Bridge to Brews!
Posted by Alyssa Schaffer on
- Tags: Adventure, All Ages, beer festivals, booze, breweries, brewers, brewfest, craft beer, craft distilleries, craft spirits, drinking, event, events, Fun, high-proof pdx, oregon, oregon distillers, oregon spirits, Portland, Portland Bridges, related-high-proof-pdx
7 Tips For Sampling Craft Beer
Posted by Kammie Sumpter on
Close your eyes and imagine you’re at your favorite brewery—smell the hops, hear the bustle—with a completely unfamiliar tasting flight in front of you. A small round of new, uncharted beer territory awaits. There they are, a dazzling array of brews varying in color and consistency. You know the feeling, right? For some, this can be a bit daunting—and with good reason. A flight with a handful of different beer can be cause for celebration or hair-pulling. Portland is the Mecca of craft beer, so what do you do when you’re trying new ones? Here are some of our best...
- Tags: alcohol, beer, beer festivals, booze, brewers, brewery, brewfest, brews, brewsters, cider, craft beer, drinking, Drinking in America, featured-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, Food and Drink
Your Guide to the 2016 Oregon Brewers Festival
Posted by Emily Hagenburger on
July means beer month here in Oregon, and the Oregon Brewers Festival is the highlight and culmination of it all. Craft beer has become not only a highly sought libation, with craft brewers selling an estimated 24,076,864 barrels of beer in 2015, but also a huge industry all over America, creating over 424,000 jobs and contributing $55.7 billion to the US economy in 2014. Nowhere in the state is this more evident...
- Tags: beer, beer festivals, brewers, craft beer, drinking, Drinking in America, oregon, oregon brewers festival, Portland, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america