OVERCUP BLOG — Drinking in America
Easy Halloween Costumes for the Unique Bookworm
Posted by Caitlin Monday Chloe McAlpin on
- Tags: 99 Ways to Make a Pipe, alcohol, alcohol laws, All Ages, author, authors, book, Books, booze, booze laws, buckminster fuller, Buckminster Fuller: Poet of Geometry, celebrate, children's books, DIY, drinking, drinking holidays, Drinking in America, drinking laws, ice cream, ice cream work, indie press, local, maryanna hoggatt, naoshi, oregon, pdx, publisher, publishing, raccoon, related-buckminster-fuller-poet-of-geometry, shop local, small press, the field guide to drinking in america
The Most Haunted Pubs For Halloween
Posted by Sean Paul Lavine on
- Tags: Adventure, alcohol, alcohol laws, author, authors, autumn, bar, bartender, beer, book, Books, booze, booze laws, bourbon, breweries, brewers, brewery, brews, cider, cocktail, craft, craft beer, distillery, distilling, Drinking in America, drinking laws, fall, featured-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, food, Food and Drink, Gin, Gin Cocktails, halloween cocktails, happy hour, hard cider, holiday, holidays, indie press, liqueur, local, mead, mezcal, moonshine, non-fiction, October, oregon, oregon distillers, oregon spirits, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, pdx, Portland, publisher, publishing, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, rum, small press, spirits, state liquor laws, vodka, whiskey, whiskey sour, wine
7 Tips For Sampling Craft Beer
Posted by Kammie Sumpter on
Close your eyes and imagine you’re at your favorite brewery—smell the hops, hear the bustle—with a completely unfamiliar tasting flight in front of you. A small round of new, uncharted beer territory awaits. There they are, a dazzling array of brews varying in color and consistency. You know the feeling, right? For some, this can be a bit daunting—and with good reason. A flight with a handful of different beer can be cause for celebration or hair-pulling. Portland is the Mecca of craft beer, so what do you do when you’re trying new ones? Here are some of our best...
- Tags: alcohol, beer, beer festivals, booze, brewers, brewery, brewfest, brews, brewsters, cider, craft beer, drinking, Drinking in America, featured-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, Food and Drink
Five bars you need to visit in America!
Posted by Marissa Alvarez on
Spring break is coming up and you know what that means; party time! Or, if you just like to go out and have a good time, these places might be for you. We have browsed many bar websites in an effort to showcase some of the strangest and coolest bars in America. To check out the Liquor Laws and fun facts about any of these states make sure to check out The Field Guide to Drinking in America. The Lovecraft Bar Location: Portland, Oregon If you are a fan of H.P Lovecraft, the color black, or just all things goth,...
- Tags: Adventure, alcohol, drinking, Drinking in America
5 Ice Cream Recipes That Will Blow Your Mind
Posted by Stefanie Marks on
It may only be March, but global warming is real and summer is approaching quickly. While some people are huddled by the fire and dreaming of sandals and sun, others are blasting the AC while they pack away their seldom-used winter wardrobes. Either way, summer will be here before we know it, and you are going to need some delicious new ice cream recipes to cool you down! ~ Let's start with something on the fancy side. This recipe is for the more refined palate; say, for a garden party where you feel the need to lift your pinkie into...
- Tags: booze, bourbon, children's books, drinking, Drinking in America, ice cream, ice cream work, recipes, related-ice-cream-work, summertime