OVERCUP BLOG — The Tall Trees of Portland
Posted by Overcup Marketing on
- Tags: Adventure, All Ages, art, art event, Art Events, artists, author, authors, autumn, book, book event, book events, book gifts, book stores, Books, bookstore, bookstores, celebrate, christmas, event, events, Explore, fall, family friendly, free, Fun, gift giving, gifted!, gifts, give thanks, high-proof pdx, holiday, holiday markets, holidays, ice cream work, indie authors, indie bookstore, indie bookstores, indie press, Literary, non-fiction, oregon, Overcup Press, overcupbooks, pdx, Portland, publisher, publishing, read, reading, related-tilikum-crossing, small business saturday, small press, tall trees of, tall trees of portland, tall trees of tokyo, Thanksgiving, the tall trees of paris, The Tall Trees of Portland, the tall trees of tokyo, Tilikum Crossing, tolly
Posted by Julie Swearingen on
Forest for the Trees Northwest is back! For the fifth year, artists have gathered in Portland to create beautiful murals around the city. Curated by Matt Wagner, owner of Hellion Gallery and author of The Tall Trees series, Forest for the Trees has featured a vast array of artists, including Josh Keyes, Mhak, Blaine Fontana, Meredith Dittmar, Maryanna Hoggatt (author of Tolly), Joe Shea, and Ryan Bubnis. In case you missed the festivities, here are some of the places to check out this year’s creations. Shawna X & Laura Berger - 1401 SE Morrison Broken Fingaz - 1825 SE...
- Tags: art, Art Events, events, Hellion Gallery, matt wagner, Portland, related-the-tall-trees-of-paris, related-the-tall-trees-of-portland, related-the-tall-trees-of-tokyo, The Tall Trees of Portland
Posted by Emily Hagenburger on
August is American Artist Appreciation Month. Some may celebrate it by focusing on the classics, such as Norman Rockwell, Georgia O’Keeffe, and Andy Warhol. Others may take it as an opportunity to teach their children about art and artists, and others may take advantage of museums in their area to appreciate wide ranges of art or learn more about the history of art in America. At Overcup Press, we’d like to especially appreciate American artists featured in The Tall Trees of Portland, who help make Portland such a unique, colorful, and beautiful city. Josh Keyes, mural at SE Morrison - Source Have...
- Tags: American Artist Appreciation Month, art, artists, Blaine Fontana, David Rice, Forest for the Trees, Josh Keyes, Matt Wagner, Portland, related-the-tall-trees-of-portland, The Tall Trees of Portland
Posted by Sara Proctor on
Hello friends, it’s summer in the northern hemisphere and the unusual weather has left us in a state of perplexity; last week the highs were approaching 100 degrees, and now it has dipped into the mid 50s with dreary rain and blustery days. Regardless of the barometric pressure in the atmosphere, we’re always in the mood to take a break, find the nearest shady locale or coffee shop, and unwind with a good book. Writing blog posts is a wonderful opportunity for the Overcup staff to revisit the beautiful artwork featured in the Tall Trees series. We’re able to explore...
- Tags: art, Gallery, Hellion Gallery, picture book, Portland, related-the-tall-trees-of-portland, tall trees of, The Tall Trees of Portland, winner
Posted by Kaylee Pratt on
Father’s Day wasn’t declared an official nationwide holiday until 1972, which is 58 years after Mother’s Day found a spot on our calendars. So, unless you’ve been stalling for fifty-some-odd years, there’s no need to feel guilty if Dad’s present is a tad delayed. This year, you’d like to send a little something with that greeting card, but he’s already got a “World’s Greatest Dad” mug and a closet full of ties. Dads can be especially tricky to shop for. But don’t worry just yet! Check out some of our titles to see if one of these books will float Dad’s...
- Tags: buckminster fuller, Buckminster Fuller: Poet of Geometry, cole gerst, father's day, history, holiday, matt wagner, niki ganong, related-the-field-guide-to-drinking-in-america, the field guide to drinking in america, the tall trees of paris, The Tall Trees of Portland, the tall trees of tokyo